30.5.09

Will play for food

We've been playing for our dinner in Norway.

Jessica and I've been bringing our violins to each dinner for sing alongs with the Rotarians. If we're lucky, there'll be a keyboard/piano or guitar for Bergen, too. As a three-week old band, we prefer to take requests, and our repertoire is now pretty eclectic. Some of our top hits: Auld Lang Syne, She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain, You Raise Me Up, Greensleeves, Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, Gabriel's Oboe from The Mission, My Favorite Things, and Edelweiss.

Our schedules are open for Chicago bookings in the second week in June.

Here's Jessica fiddlin' around.

In Oppegaard, we finally find a cow bell for Melissa.

Bergen and I cover some Dolly Parton. I had to travel all the way to Norway to discover that not only can Bergen play multiple instruments, she has a beautiful voice.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! & I expect some great performances from Fish & Chicks once you are back in the states!!

    Your pictures are amazingly beautiful, it looks like you are having an great time!

    ReplyDelete